Don’t just count on the luck of the Irish for your St. Patrick’s Day email marketing campaign. Here’s what you should know about the greenest holiday of the year. 🍀
Consumers on St. Patrick’s Day 2022 are expected to make a major comeback compared to turnout in 2021. The National Retail Federation reported that only 49% of Americans celebrated the holiday in 2021, down from 57% the year before.
To help you take your St. Patrick’s Day email marketing campaign to the next level, we’ve put together some marketing tips, subject lines, and email examples. Let’s take a look! 🚀
St. Patrick’s Day Email Marketing Campaign Tips
At its origins, this holiday celebrates the patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick. That said, it’s grown beyond its Irish roots and is now celebrated across the globe.
In the US, consumers typically spend over $51 billion on St. Patrick’s Day. While this number isn’t as high as other holidays like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day is still a great opportunity for marketers.
In particular, St. Patrick’s Day is a good time to try out new marketing strategies and techniques. Because the holiday is widely celebrated but less so than others, it’s a chance for you to test new types of promotions, different product features, or dabble in the latest social media trend. 🙃
While there’s no harm in sticking to your typical email campaign tactics, St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to try out any ideas or strategies you’ve been holding onto.
Consumers are prepared to spend, but at the same time risks are low. In other words, if things don’t go the way you expect, it’s not like you’ll be hit with your biggest loss of the year.
To give you the best chances possible, we’ve got some subject lines and email campaign examples for inspiration. Think of it as a lucky four-leaf clover. 🍀
St. Patrick’s Day Email Subject Lines
Luck of the Irish subject lines
- This Might Be Your Lucky Day
- Lucky you! Our St Patricks Day Special is on…
- You’re in Luck: St. Patrick’s Day Sweets Are Here
- It’s Your Lucky Day, friend!
- You’re about to feel lucky
- Make your own luck
Subject lines green as shamrocks
- Celebrate St. Patrick ’s Day! Save some green with great deals!
- At up to 67% off, save some green on…
- Being green? Not easy. Saving 30%? Super easy!
- Color forecast: serene greens ?
- We’re Seeing Green (In the Best Way Possible);
- St. Paddy’s Day Green Friday
- What does green mean to you?
- Going, going, green!
Leprechauns, rainbows, and lore
- We Found The Pot Of Gold!
- St. Patrick’s Day is just around the clover!
- Don’t get pinched! ? St. Patty’s styles 10% off!
- No Shenanigans Here! 17% OFF for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Have a Shamrocking St. Patrick’s Day!
- Look, a leprechaun! Jk, it’s a flash sale.
- Last chance to snag your pot of gold!
- Get Ready for St. Patrick’s Day, Find a Surprise Under the Rainbow!
- Cheers to St. Patrick
- Lucky Leprechaun Loot!
St. Paddy’s Day discounts and offers
- 20% off all St. Patty’s Day apparel
- New Irish Whiskey. Just in Time
- Shop the St. Patrick’s Day Collection with a coupon
- Unearth your Irish roots this St Patrick’s Day
- We’re Dublin this 17.5% discount
- Enjoy a FREE Guinness with your roast to celebrate St Patrick
- Check out this year’s St. Patrick’s Day Sale
St. Patrick’s Day emojis
Like other holiday marketing events, St. Patrick’s Day is a great opportunity to throw some emojis into your email campaigns. Even if your brand doesn’t typically use emojis, St. Paddy’s Day is a playful, joyous celebration, so why not embrace the holiday spirit with emojis?
- The shamrock (☘️) represents freedom and independence. It’s a national symbol of Ireland and was worn as a pin during the country’s fight for independence.
- The four-leafed clover (🍀) represents good luck. It’s often confused with the shamrock.
- The Irish flag (🇮🇪) speaks for itself. This is a good one to use if you’re trying to appeal to members of the Irish diaspora in particular.
- Rainbows (🌈) are where leprechauns hide their pot of gold according to Irish folklore.
- Top hats (🎩) are typical accessories of leprechauns.
- Beer (🍻 🍺) is almost always involved in St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
- Green emojis (💚 🍏 🥬 📗 🟢) add a touch of holiday-themed color.
- Fingers crossed (🤞) in case you’re looking for some extra good luck.
St. Patrick’s Day Email Examples
Next, we’ll take a look at four St. Patrick’s Day email examples. The first two examples are typical St. Paddy’s Day email campaigns, jam-packed with pots of gold, leprechauns, and the color green. The next two are a bit more out of the box while still embracing the holiday spirit. ✨
Our first St. Patrick’s Day email example comes from Uber Eats. Their campaign leans into the St. Paddy’s Day spirit but stays true to the brand’s image.
For companies like Uber Eats, St. Patrick’s Day may seem like an irrelevant holiday. Their service doesn’t have a natural connection to the holiday.
Still, this email example incorporates the holiday spirit by creatively linking St. Patrick’s Day themes to Uber Eats’ service. Things like “a rainbow of flavors” are simple but effective ways to add a splash of holiday spirit to your email marketing campaigns.
Content like this, even if not entirely out of the box, goes a long way in the minds of subscribers. It sends a message that your brand is fun-loving and willing to celebrate. 🥂
All in all, this St. Patrick’s Day marketing campaign nicely compliments Uber’s typical simple, sleek email design and invites their customers to join in on the festivities.
Next up, we have a St. Patrick’s Day email campaign from Rugs.com. Instead of leaning into St. Paddy’s Day imagery, this email adds a tasteful dose of green to turn their content holiday-themed. 💚
As well, having a St. Patrick’s Day sale is a great way to treat your audience. Most people aren’t expecting a sale or promotion for the holiday, so when your offer lands in their inboxes, your email list will likely be pleasantly surprised.
This email is also a good example of how to structure a promotional email. It starts by announcing the sale, then features different products and collections with well-placed CTAs. All this while saying, “happy St. Patrick’s Day!” 😊
This St. Patrick’s Day Email Example gets creative and really speaks to the brand’s audience. Harry’s, a men’s grooming and shaving supplies company, does an excellent job of relating St. Patrick’s Day celebrations to their product. 🪒
Getting the foam of an Irish stout stuck in your mustache may not be relatable to all of us, but it certainly is for much of Harry’s audience. What makes this content work so well in a marketing context is that it gives subscribers a reason to use their product and tells them to go out and celebrate.
In terms of promotional content, this email has almost none. It’s minimalist, to the point, and on-brand. No flash sales, giveaways, or promo codes here. 🙅♀️
Instead, Harry’s identifies a St. Patrick’s Day pain point among mustached beer-drinkers and offers a simple solution: shaving with their product.
As far as St. Patrick’s Day-themed emails go, this one is out of the box, convincing, and tastefully tongue-in-cheek. A stroke of digital marketing genius! 💯
Our final St. Patrick’s Day email example is from Leesa, a mattress company. Again, this email example doesn’t look like your typical St. Patrick’s Day-themed email.
Front and center is a screenshot of a text message conversation. This in itself is a good way to grab readers’ attention, appealing to their sense of curiosity and even nosiness. 👀 The texts include a little St. Paddy’s Day play on words and even a cute dog.
The small amount of text in this email makes a few more St. Paddy’s Day references and then offers a discount. 🤑
Light-hearted, on-theme, and promotional all at once. This email is a great example for anyone in e-commerce looking for ways to shake up their holiday content. Well done, Leesa. 👏
Get Started With Your Own St. Patrick’s Day Campaign!
Having gone through these St. Patrick’s Day subject lines and email examples, now you’re ready to design your own campaign!
Like we said, this holiday is a good time to try out new marketing tactics and ideas. St. Patrick’s Day is popular and widely-celebrated, but comes with fairly low expectations from consumers. A perfect combination for marketing experiments. 🧪
Finally, happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at Sendinblue! If you’re looking for more holiday marketing tips and tricks, check out our 2022 holiday marketing calendar for inspiration.